Fresco Picnic Salads – Pardina Lentil Salad
Ingredients for six hungry pilgrims
• 1 big jar of cooked pardina lentils (or any small brown lentils)
• A large handful of cherry tomatoes
• 1 sweet onion
• 2 large avocados
• A small bag of seafood sticks
• Spanish olive oil
• Balsamic vinegar
• Soy sauce
• Fresh basil
1. Drain the liquid from the jarred lentils and place the lentils into a big mixing bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion and cut the cherry tomatoes in halves. Cut the seafood sticks and avocado into small bite-size portions. Then gently mix into the bowl with the lentils.
3. For the dressing, mix 1/2 part olive oil, 1/4 part balsamic vinegar and 1/4 part soy sauce together.
4. Gently mix the dressing with the lentils and all the other ingredients in the big mixing bowl. There should be enough dressing to flavour all the ingredients.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper (optional).
6. Garnish the salad serving bowl with sliced avocado and the basil leaves.
7. Serve to hungry pilgrims.
Buen Provecho! / Bon Appétit!